Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Tuesdays With Dorie - Chunky Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Chocolate Chipsters



Since I went home for the mini holiday break, I took advantage and baked the next two Tuesdays With Dorie challenges. This week's recipe was Dorie's Chunky Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Chocolate Chipsters. I was pretty excited because this is one of the first recipes that caught my eye when I first got the book. I cut the recipe in half because I was baking cookies all weekend. Then I froze half of those to snack on throughout the semester. A lot of the bakers (including myself) complained that there isn't enough peanut butter flavor. In fact, I tasted the cinnamon before the peanut butter. I love peanut butter cookies, so next time I'd increase the PB and cut back on the cinnamon. Some even used peanut butter chips. I found that mine spread a lot (because of the margarine, perhaps?), so I only baked 9 per tray.

They remind me of oatmeal raisin cookies but with peanut butter and chocolate chips instead of raisins.


Chunky Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Chocolate Chipsters




Thanks goes out to Stefany from Proceed with Caution for choosing this week's recipe. You can find the recipe on p. 73 of Baking: From My Home To Yours or online on Stefany's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment