Friday, September 26, 2008

See? I Eat Real Food In College...Sometimes

Back in August, I asked for some fish ideas. I was talking with Kim via email, and she showed me a recipe where you throw everything in foil and either grill, broil, or bake. I thought this would be very convenient for a college kid - throw everything together, throw in the oven while studying, and you have yourself a nice meal in one. Actually, I eat a lot so one packet definitely didn't fill me up, but the concept is still nice. Although this specific recipe isn't the one she gave me, Kim did inspire me to look up packet meal recipes.



One question though - I was supposed to remove the skin from salmon, correct? Like, it was already cut into fillets and bones removed, but one side still had the skin.

Mediterranean Salmon Fillet


Served with sugar snap peas

1 (6 ounce) salmon fillet
lemon pepper or lemon juice + black pepper (to taste)
salt (to taste)
dried dill (to taste)
2 Tbsp chopped tomatoes (drained if using canned)
2 Tbsp sliced ripe black olives
Crumbled feta cheese
2 Tbsp pine nuts (toasted optional)
1 piece heavy-duty aluminum foil

1. Rinse fillet well under cold water then pat completey dry using paper towels. Spray one side of foil with cooking spray. then place fillet in middle.

2. Sprinkle with lemon pepper, salt and dried dill. Then top with tomatoes, olives, feta, and pine nuts.

3. Fold the long sides of foil over the fillet then roll up the short sides to seal. Place packet seam sides up on a greased baking sheet. Bake 400F for about 20 minutes or until the fish flakes with a fork.

Source: Recipe Zaar

No comments:

Post a Comment