Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Review: Tasty Image

Ever see a birthday cake with someone's photograph on it, and you wonder how it was done and what makes it edible? Tasty Image developed a method that takes any photo or graphic and prints it on chocolate. The best part is it is 100% edible. From a video I watched, it looks very similar to an inkjet printer but with edible ink.



I was contacted to try some samples. I gave them a blog logo and a picture of Murray. I couldn't stop laughing when I opened my box. So cute! I got a small coin, a lollipop, and a square. They taste great too (although I was hesitant in eating Furball). The actual photograph part tastes like a thin sheet of sugar, so TECHNICALLY it isn't printed onto the chocolate itself (but who's counting?).

I think printed chocolates would make a wonderful gift. The only problem I see is eating someone you know lol The items range from candy bars and lollipops to little bonbons and coins. There's even a chocolate business card, but unless you are going to include a paper copy in the case, eating it kinda defeats the purpose of giving out the card in the first place.

My rating? I would definitely use their services again, probably for party favors or a nice gift. You can order these cute little chocolate creations at Tasty Image.

No comments:

Post a Comment