Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tuesdays With Dorie - Thumbprints For Us Big Guys



This week's recipe was Dorie's Thumbprints For Us Big Guys. When I first heard this name, I thought she meant there was alcohol or even coffee in them, but I think she just meant they are more delicate with their lovely, sandy texture and jam filling than your typical sugar thumbprints with icing and cute sprinkles.




edit - The filling on these cookies is apricot. I used those jars of Baker's fruit fillings you usually see around the holidays.

These cookies lasted maybe a few hours in the house bc I cut the recipe in half. Make sure you use butter to get the melt-in-your-mouth sandy texture. Thanks to Mike of Ugly Food Dude for hosting this week! I'm sure I'll be making these cookies over and over again. You can find the recipe on page 164 of Baking: From My Home To Yours or on Mike's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment