Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Julie and Julia

Tonight after calling off work due to the second blizzard, I decided to finally watch Julie and Julia my brother got for me from Netflix about a month ago. Did anybody else find themselves in Julie? She was spot-on with my life (minus the husband part) - worked a job she hated, loves to cook, has a food blog, and a cat. Hell, she even flips out in the kitchen like me, crying on the floor when dinner is a complete disaster and runs away while boiling live lobster (which I haven't done yet). Now I want to cook through Julia Child's cookbook except I won't make beef aspic. Or bone a whole duck. Oh well, I still might check it out at the library.

One minor thing I didn't like is the cat didn't have a name. Seriously, when she blogged towards the end, she said "me, Eric, and the cat." Then the ending that told you "where they are today" said "the cat" as well. He was in the movie more than I expected. Give him a name! haha

Has anybody else seen this movie and felt inspired by it? None of my close friends have seen it. I'm probably a little bias in saying I loved it, but I think anyone who has a heart for food will find it a favorite as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment