Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tuesdays With Dorie - Chipster-Topped Brownies


This week's pick was Chipster-Topped Brownie, brownies with a chocolate chip cookie layer on top. I have tried many chocolate chip cookie recipes and failed at pretty much all of them, and this recipe was no different. My chocolate chips sunk into the brownie layer, so really it's just a brownie with a cookie layer on top. This is what they are supposed to look like. Also, I think I overbaked them slightly, so I suggest covering with foil to keep the top from being too brown. One thing I didn't like about the recipe is you had to wash dishes after making the brownie layer. Unless someone asks me, I probably won't make these again.





Thanks to Beth from Supplicious for picking this week's recipe! You can find the recipe on pages 94-95 of Baking: From My Home To Yours or on Beth's blog.

---
Anybody else ever experience a baking rut? It seems like everything I have been making lately is messed up in some way. My wonton soup didn't cook properly, chocolate chip cookies failed like usual, my carrot cake didn't rise, the cookie layer didn't work with these brownies, and yesterday, my hamburgers fell apart. My hamburgers never fall apart. Is it possible for the baker's mood to be transfered into food? I feel like everything lately is falling apart, like those burgers.

No comments:

Post a Comment