Monday, January 14, 2008

A Way To Start The New Year Right

Ok, so technically this recipe is what I made for Christmas Eve dinner, but I haven't gotten around to posting it yet. And since The Weekend Cookbook Challenge's theme is veggie meals, now is a good time to post. This lasagna was made by me, sorta. I took my mom's meat lasagna recipe and subbed spinach and mushrooms for the meat. Another great dinner for a veggie lover's menu.

Also, I'm doing a search for internships in video production. If anybody can hook me up with somebody this summer, preferably in the Pittsburgh area (although I'm willing to travel if housing is arranged), please send me an email at mooseymoosecc[at]hotmail[dot]com. The changes of anybody helping me in the food world is very slim, but it's worth a shot. I had an offer, but it'll depend if any films are being made this summer. I haven't heard back from any tv station yet.

Wouldn't it be cool if I could help produce or even edit shows on Food Network? Especially Iron Chef America. It's amazing how many camera angles they can get. I would ask them for an internship, but that means living in NYC for the summer. I wouldn't mind that, but I doubt I could rent an apartment for three months, nor could I afford NYC.


Spinach Mushroom Lasagna




9 lasagna noodles
2 Tbsp butter
1/4 cup onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
16 oz frozen spinach, thawed and patted dry
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
16 oz ricotta cheese
6 slices mozarella cheese
3/4 cup parmesan cheese
2 cups spaghetti sauce

1. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Boil noodles for 10 minutes or until flexible and somewhat chewable. You don't want to cook them completely. Drain and run under cold water to stop cooking process.

2. Saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in spinach and mushrooms. Add ricotta cheese. Stir until hot.

3. Spread 1/2 cup sauce onto the bottom of 13x9 pan. Place 3 noodles on top. Divide 3 slices of mozarella cheese in half. Place over top the gaps between the noodles. Top with half the spinach mixture. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup parmesan cheese. Spread 1/2 cup sauce on top. Repeat once.

4. Place remaining 3 noodles on top. Spread rest of the sauce on top. Top with 1/4 cup parmesan cheese. Cover in foil. Bake at 350F for 45 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before cutting.

Source: My family

No comments:

Post a Comment