Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tuesdays With Dorie - Chocolate Chunkers



If you are a chocoholic, this is the cookie for you. Expensive? Yes, because you'll want to use the best chocolate available. I still have some left, but that's because they were hidden in the freezer. I strongly suggest adding the raisins because they complement the chocolate really well since there is so much of it. I also used walnuts for the nuts. I was pretty happy that these cookies didn't spread, although I highly recommend letting them cool on the trays for about 10 minutes before removing to the cooling rack. Otherwise, they will break.

Word of advice from other TwDers - do not refrigerate the cookie dough because it will be too hard to scoop. If you must chill them, scoop them into cookies first. Also, the baked cookies are very fragile. I took some in my purse Saturday night when I went to see Jeff Dunham, and somehow they got broken into tiny chunks.


Chocolate Chunkers




Thanks Claudia from Fool for Food for picking these cookies! You can find the recipe on p. 70 of Baking: From My Home To Yours or online at Claudia's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment